Hungary, located in the centre of Europe, has been part of the European Union since 2004 and part of the Schengen Countries since 2008. Its local currency is the Hungarian Forint (approx. 300 Forint for 1 EUR, 280 Forint for 1 USD). Safe country with a stable democracy and economy, it’s one of the most affordable destinations in Europe. Its capital city, Budapest, can be reached within 2 to 3h from most of European capitals by daily flights.
Budapest, the Capital of Hungary with a population of two million, is reachable within 30 minutes by coach from the international airport, which makes it a very attractive city also for short trips. The majestic Danube river separates both parts of the capital city (Buda Castle on the hilly part of the city, the residential area and Pest the vibrant city centre with beautiful architectural sites as well as the area for shopping, nightlife, and gastronomy. UNESCO declared Budapest, the Hungarian capital, ‘The Pearl of the Danube’, a World Heritage site.
Budapest combines classical features (historical architectural sites, art, music, traditions, and thermal bathes) with a modern touch (gastronomy, trendy places and activities, nightlife) and a great sense of hospitality from the locals. Hungary may have made Goulash world famous, but today’s Hungarian gastronomy is also about fine culinary experience (4 Michelin star restaurants in the capital) at affordable price, with excellent wines from one of the many wine regions.
One of the main features of Hungary is its thermal water, one the world’s largest reserve. Apart from Budapest, the Hungarian country side is well worth a visit, with its wine regions (e.g. Tokaj), the Danube Bend, Lake Balaton, Central Europe’s largest lake, among others.
Liberty International Budapest, the leisure division, was opened in 1995 in response to the increasing demand for Hungary as a tourism destination. Liberty Hungary product lines include packages for individuals and groups, leisure, spa and wellness programs and special interest gastronomic, wine and cultural tours plus folklore trips to Hungarian Puszta.
The main regions to be discovered during a leisure program in Hungary include:
* Budapest and its surroundings, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, has it all with history, culture, gastronomy, fun and modern infrastructure to welcome tourism from all over the world. The Ruin bars district among others add to the uniqueness of the city.
* Eger-Tokaj wine region, world known for its delicious beverage is aslo a beautiful region to visit.
* The Puszta, great plain with endless, flat steppe, well-preserved village life and folk art, thermal baths and spas.
* Central Transdanubia stretches from the Danube to Lake Balaton with the enchanting countryside, hills, splendid natural treasures and historic monuments, as well as small villages nestling in the valleys.
* Western Transdanubia with Ethnic minorities (Germans, Croats) as well as the proximity of Austria and Slovakia is a dynamic region with natural resources, history and traditions
* Southern Transdanubia, a varied landscape with flat terrains stretching between green hills, and valleys, lies south of Lake Balaton.
Our MICE office, Liberty Incentives & Congresses Budapest, was established in 2004 by Anita Horvath. Managing a team of 8 experienced multilingual professionals, we are always looking for the newest trends to offer, creating new incentive activities and implementing original programs to enjoy, discover or re-discover the Hungarian capital and its surroundings. Our expertise also covers the organization of demanding, small and large scale meetings, conventions and congresses.
Budapest is our playground! It offers a wide range of 4 and 5 star hotels of international chains, luxury boutique hotels, affordable and beautiful local properties, a congress center, and a large exhibition center. Beautiful historical palaces, museums or concert halls offer unique options for gala dinners or original alternatives for meetings outside the hotels. We organize these events with catering of international quality, create and arrange unique entertainment with classical music or opera, Gypsy folklore, or contemporary music like Havasi, the “fastest piano player in the world”, etc.
And to add to the local experience and make your event a success, our team creates out-of-the-box teambuilding programs with unique incentive touches either on the Danube river, in the heart of the capital or in the surrounding countryside. Budapest is the most requested destination in Hungary for MICE events, however, the Hungarian countryside can offer some surprising locations as well.